All 20/20 members are entitled to put themselves forward for election to 20/20’s Management Committee at the AGM.
If you wish to put yourself forward, you need to complete and return an application form (downloadable from this page) by Monday 7th December 2020.
20/20 depends on members of the co-op coming forward to get involved in the running of the co-op. People contribute in many different ways and we welcome any of our members.
20/20 Housing Co-op is fully mutual. This means that all our tenants are required to be shareholding co-op members (new tenants buy a non-returnable £1 share to become members) and all co-op members are tenants or prospective tenants. Fully mutual status means that our tenants do not have the formal tenancy rights granted by law to Assured tenants, but all members have equal voting rights at co-op General Meetings which decide on the co-op’s policies.
All our member tenants have a right and a responsibility to play a part in running the co-op. 20/20 relies on the active commitment and enthusiasm of our members. If there’s a problem, it’s us, the tenants and members, who fix it.
Members participate because:
- it gives us a say in how our homes and community is run
- it gives practical experience which can lead to jobs
- it leads to lower rents and better services
- we collectively decide to make improvements for all our members
- 20/20 is a community! We have various social events and most of us know each other and usually get along.